Connect with us

News

How Nigerian Doctor Raped Patient

Published

on

Patient

Tijjani Faruk, a medical doctor in Sokoto State of Nigeria has confessed to raping his patient who is a married woman.

The incident happened after he administering sedative injection on her.

Patient

Dr. Tijjani Faruk

Report has it  that the husband of the patient simply identified as Alhaji Shehu was referred to the doctor by a family friend when his wife was diagnosed with fibroids late last year. A couple of months after the operation, he said the doctor called him on the phone, requesting that he send his wife for “further medical examination” the next day.

“He called me one Friday afternoon requesting me to send my wife to him for further medical examination on Saturday 10am. Unknown to me that the doctor had evil plan to rape my wife, I did as requested.

“When she woke up at 7pm on that Saturday, she discovered that Dr Tijjani Ahmad Faruq (TJ) had sexual intercourse with her while she was unconscious.

“When she asked him why he did that that to her, he gave no reason, but only apologized and pleaded with her to forgive him. When she asked Dr Tijjani about the family planning pills she was supposed to use in order to prevent immediate conception after the fibroid operation, he said she won’t be able to conceive again.

“A series of womb ultrasounds carried out at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) and Zafafi Hospital of Bello Way Sokoto showed that Dr Tijjani has instead of only removing the fibroid complained of, negligently sewed and blocked my wife’s womb, thereby rendering her permanently sterile. But since that fateful day, I noticed that my wife had refused to visit his hospital whenever I directed her to do so. When she finally revealed the shocking news to me that her doctor raped her and everything that transpired on that day, I instructed her to go once again in order to have his confessions on tape.

“During the sting operation I arranged with my wife to get a proof, my wife confronted him again on why he raped her, the doctor was heard on tape saying ‘this will be the end of your marriage if you tell your husband’.

“Even on that very day she went to secretly have his confessions on tape, he struggled to rape her but she refused,” Shehu said.

In a petition written to the Commissioner for Health, Sokoto State, the lawyer of the victim, Muhammad Mansur-Aliyu, demanded justice for his client, saying the doctor should be made to face the full wrath of the law.

Also Read:  Exclusive: How Stephen Keshi Died***Details of his last minutes

 

According to Code of Medical Ethics in Nigeria, the doctor risks delisting from medical register and prosecution.

“Any registered practitioner who abuses his professional position, for example by committing adultery or indulging in any improper conduct or by maintaining an improper association with a patient, is liable to have his name erased from the Register. In this connection, any finding of fact which has been made in proceedings in the High Court of an appeal from a decision in such proceedings shall be conclusive evidence of the fact in any trial held by the Medical and Dental Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal,” a provision in the Code of Medical Ethics in Nigeria said.

The accused doctor had initially denied the allegations, but when the tape of his conversation with his patient was played to him by the investigative panel, he confessed to having sex with her.

Also Read:  I Will Win An Oscar Within Two To Five Years-Kemi Adetiba

Confirming the incident, the state commissioner of Health, Ali Inname, said the ministry had constituted a panel to investigate the matter.

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

 The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 – Shettima

Published

on

Arewa Youths Leader, Alhaji Yerima Shettima

The possibility of the north retaining power after the second term tenure of President Mohammadu Buhari has been speculated.

However, Arewa Youths Leader, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, has confirmed the yearning of the north to retain power.

According to him, the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.

Alhaji Shettima reportedly stated this in an interview published in the New Telegraph on Friday, June 21.

According to the president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, the current administration has not favoured the north, adding that the current government is purely a southwest government.

“I don’t know who is going to be the next president of Nigeria until we see those who will declare interest. However, talking about the zone, which should produce the president in 2023, I have said it on many occasions that the North will produce the next president and you could see that the issue is becoming very clear. “I don’t just make a pronouncement on something I am not sure of. We are sure that this government has not favoured the North. This government is purely a South-West government. They have taken everything.”

Also Read:  Friends; Family Hope To Salvage Tiwa Savage's Marriage

Stating that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), will die before 2023, Alhaji Shettima said that the only thing holding the ruling party together is President Buhari.

“Even in the National Assembly, somebody was working to ensure that his interest is protected to make it easy for him to become president come 2023, but unfortunately the party itself will die before 2023. “By 2023, All Progressives Congress (APC) will no longer be visible. The only thing that holds that party is President Buhari, but he is not coming back. This is his last tenure and I am sure the Buhari I know will be busy thinking of how to go for his retirement rather than thinking of whether the party survives or not. He has achieved all he wanted to achieve. He has become both heads of state and civilian president.”

Share
Continue Reading

News

Rampaging Bandits Give Conditions For Ceasefire

Published

on

Bandits

Rampaging bandits in Zamfara state have given conditions for a cease-fire.

The conditions include being allowed to attend local markets without fear or intimidation and a halt of Fulani killings in local markets.

The disclosure was made by the state’s commissioner of police, Usman Nagoggo, during a meeting with vigilantes and volunteers popularly known as Yan Sakai on Thursday, June 20.

According to CP Nagoggo, the crisis of banditry in the state was being fuelled by the unlawful executions of suspected criminals.

Also Read:  Humans could be disvirgined by robots/dolls- Experts

However, vigilantes in the state have expressed readiness to do anything that will ensure that peace returns.

CP Nagoggo revealed that the armed men had been contacted by authorities, and they gave the assurance that they would stop the carnage in the state, only on these conditions.

His words: “Part of the conditions they gave was that the Yan Sakai should halt the extrajudicial killings of Fulani, especially in local markets. The bandits said they should be allowed to attend local markets without fear or intimidation.

Also Read:  I Will Win An Oscar Within Two To Five Years-Kemi Adetiba

“That is why we are holding this meeting to intimate you about the new peace road map being designed by the government.

“A situation whereby a local vigilante will kill one of the bandits and the armed men would slay about 30 persons in retaliation, what is the gain here?”

The CP implored the vigilante leaders to reach out to their followers and ask them to stop such practice of extrajudicial killings in the state.

Share
Continue Reading

News

UK Government Warn Citizens Form Travelling To 21 Nigerian States

Published

on

The government of the United Kingdom has listed states in Nigeria where its citizens should not travel to.

The country listed the states and warned its citizens not travel to the places for health and safety reasons.

The citizens were advised to seek security if they must travel and work in the listed areas.

According to the government, attacks have become high in such areas, hence the need to stay clear.

Also Read:  I Will Win An Oscar Within Two To Five Years-Kemi Adetiba

Through its foreign and commonwealth office, the UK said the advisory followed issues of insecurity including Boko Haram, in the North East, armed banditry in the North West and militancy in the South-South.

It also relied on an earlier report of Lassa Fever in some state and reports that Nigeria is prone to the Zika virus.

Also Read:  Fear Of Losing N9.08 Billion Grips First Bank Plc’s Executive Director, Dauda Lawal

In the travel advisory recently released by the government of the United Kingdom, 21 states including Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers states went marked as danger zones.

Others are Zamfara, Bauchi, Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Kastina, Kogi States. Citizens were also advised to stay away from 20km of the border with Niger in Sokoto, Abia and Kebbi state.

 

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 media