Connect with us

News

3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE TO BE TEMPORARILY SHUT FOR FOUR DAYS – LASG

Published

on

…Closure To Last From August 23 To 26

…Appeals For Cooperation, Understanding of Lagosians

 

The Lagos State Government has said that the 3rd Mainland Bridge will be temporarily shut down for four days starting from midnight of August 23 to midnight of August 26, 2018 for Investigative Maintenance Test to be carried out.

 

The State’s Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Ade Akinsanya, who disclosed this in a statement, said the decision was taken after due consultation with the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.

 

The four-day closure, according to Akinsanya, will enable the contractors assess the true state of the bridge after which works would commence by the end of the year or early in 2019.

 

It would be recalled that the Federal Government had earlier announced plans to shut the bridge in July, but had to be shelved after due consultation with the State Government and wide deliberations with other stakeholders, who expressed concern about the indiscriminate parking of articulated vehicles on other alternative routes which would have adversely affected traffic.

 

Subsequently, a Joint Task Force set up to remove the articulated vehicles from the highway was able to achieve tremendous success.

 

Justifying the need for the closure, Akinsanya said: “The 3rd Mainland Bridge which was opened about 30 years ago by the then military government has had haphazard maintenance and repairs in the past which the present Federal Government is committed to correct by carrying out proper and continuous maintenance and repairs on it.”

 

Consequently, the State Government appealed for the cooperation, support and understanding of all motorists and residents, advising them to minimize non-essential travel and movements during the four-day closure.

 

Besides, Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic.    

 

Share
Also Read:  Tunde Ednut Returns
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

I Will Fight For This Mandate Till The End-Peter Obi

Published

on

Peter Obi

The vice presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 presidential election has said that he will fight for his his mandate till the end.

Obi said this in his speech at the 8th stakeholders meeting of Anambra State chapter of the PDP titled,” Repositioning for power and good governance”.

At the event which held in Awka, Obi said he was ready to lay down his life to deliver Nigerians from the hardship witnessed all over the country.

Also Read:  Tunde Ednut Returns

Alleging that every Nigerian now wants to identify with the PDP because they have lost confidence in the ruling APC government, the former Governor of Anambra State added that he is ready to fight for the party’s mandate to its logical conclusion in court.

 

“I am ready to lay down my life to ensure that Nigerians are rescued from the hardship inflicted on them by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government in the country.

“ I will fight for this mandate till the end. The person who is at the helm of affairs today ran for four times and nobody killed him. So, I am not afraid because when PDP was in power it did not kill anybody,” he said.

Recall that the PDP closed its case at the Presidential Election Tribunal in Abuja on Friday, July 10.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Why We Invited Timi Dakolo, Wife-Police

Published

on

Kidnapper
Share
Continue Reading

News

Protests Will Not Make Me Release El-Zakzaky, Buhari Tell Shiites

Published

on

Urge

President Muhammadu Buhari has told protesting Shiites that no amount of protest will make him order the release of El-Zakzaky.

The President made the revelation while warning shiite members to desist from their protest.

Buhari also appealed to the Shiite members to desist from unnecessary violent protests and await the decision of the court in Kaduna where their leader is currently being tried.

Also Read:  What To Expect At 2018 Ori-Oke Sioni- Atorise

The President spoke through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

Shehu who spoke on the issue of El-ZakZaky said since the issues was before the court in Kaduna, supporters should focus on the on-going trial instead of causing daily damages, disruptions and public nuisance in Abuja.

Also Read:  I Am Most Qualified To Correct Past Mistakes of The PDP-Gbenga Daniel

According to the presidency, it is wrong to be in court and resort to violence at the same time in order to get justice for anybody accused.

Members of El-Zakzaky’s spiritual group have been protesting the of their leader who is facing trail for alleged breach of public peace.

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media