Connect with us

News

Shocker: Why Deeper Life Church Canceled Member’s Wedding

Published

on

Kumuyi

Wonders will never cease or how do you explain a church canceling the wedding of its members for the most unrealistic reason.

According to a report, Bolingo Israel and Okpokpolom Jemima members of Deeper Life Church allegedly got his wedding suspended for eating from the same plate.

The incident said to have happened a week before the couple’s wedding has been generating reaction on social media.

A Twitter user identified as @realoladele shared details of the incident. According to him, the couple were set to wed on Saturday, June 8 and held their traditional wedding on Friday, June 7.

According to him, during the course of the traditional wedding, they got a text saying that their wedding set to hold the next day had been suspended

Furthermore, the couple was placed on ‘discipline’ by the pastor. The incident is said to have occurred at Deeper Life Church in Bayelsa and all the arrangements made by the couple for the wedding day got wasted.

Report has it that the wedding was canceled by the pastor because the couple played the role of man and wife by eating from the same plate despite the fact that they were yet to be married.

Also Read:  Controversy Queen, Isabella Ayuk, turns born again

When the family of the couple reached out to the pastor, he refused on the basis that the couple ate from the same plate a week before they were joined in holy matrimony and for that reason have to be punished.

Reacting to the development, the church explained that contrary to reports, the couple had actually engaged in immoral acts after sleeping in the same bed and it amounted to sin. The church further explained that after feeling guilty and reporting themselves to their respective pastors, the couple was placed on disciplinary action by the state overseer.

After the church felt they had repented, the wedding was slated to hold again but was eventually suspended the second time after they discovered the couple had engaged in ‘acts contrary to the laid down procedure by the marriage committee of the church’. Concluding the statement, the church explained that it stands for holiness and members have been admonished to abstain from evil. The couple was also described to have behaved unseemingly and were in a haste to enjoy the benefits of married couples.

Read the statement below:

“The church has a Marriage Committee that supervises marriage right from knowing the will of God, to obtaining parents’ consent, marriage registration to church wedding. When the intending couples were told to go to Brass Region in Bayelsa state to obtain the man’s parents’ consent, they spent several days together before coming back to Yenagoa. They slept on the same bed and engaged in moral acts which amounted to sin and against the marriage process of the Church. They felt what they had done was bad and reported themselves to their pastors. They were subsequently placed on discipline by the State Overseer. After some period, reporting that they have repented, the courtship was allowed to commence again.

Also Read:  Brain Dead Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai returns home

As preparation for wedding was going on, it was discovered that they again engaged in acts contrary to the laid down procedure by the marriage committee of the church. This is after they had been disciplined earlier and warned not to engage in acts that will impact negatively on their proposed marriage. When the Marriage Committee put a direct question to them based on the latest development, the man accepted their error. It is important to note here, that the church stands on holiness and members have been consistently admonished to “abstain from all appearance of evil. It is not also true that the parents pleaded with the pastor to wed them on the 8th June, 2019. The summary is that they behaved themselves unseemingly, and were in haste to enjoy the benefits the church and God allow only married couples to enjoy.”

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

IMN React To Claim By FG That El-Zakzaky Sought Asylum In India

Published

on

El-Zakzaky

Proscribed group, Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), has refuted claims that its leader Sheikh El-Zakzaky sought asylum in India before his repatriation.

According to the group, the position adopted by the Nigerian government is a campaign of calumny.

Accorsing to IMN, the position is a lie fabricated to cover government’s “own gross misconduct in a foreign land”.

Ibrahim Musa, president Media Forum of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria stated this at a press briefing on Sunday, where he accused the Federal Government of planning to kill El-Zakzaky for insisting on which doctors the Sheikh and his wife must see, while refusing to allow them access to their own doctors.

“Before efforts at resolving this impasse could be concluded, the Sheikh was brought back to Nigeria, since their evil schemes could not be executed”, Musa said.

Read IMN’s full statement below:

Sequel to the Nigerian government’s sinister operation that frustrated the treatment of the revered Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky (H) and his wife Malam Zeenat Ibrahim in India that led to the repatriation of the couple, the Nigerian government, in its effort to deceive the general public, has concocted contradictory statements and lies to colour its acts of violating the order given by the Kaduna High court allowing the Sheikh to seek treatment in India, with the government only supervising.

The facts are that the government mischievously went beyond its role of supervision to the level of maliciously interfering in the medical process, instructing on which doctors the Sheikh and his wife must see, while refusing to allow them access to their own doctors. Apparently, the government had a hidden mission, the details of which they had detailed specific doctors to execute.

The Sheikh was forced to either accept their choice or return home within two hours.  Being mindful of the government’s various previous plots to eliminate him since 2015, first through the barrels of the gun and much later through poisoning in detention while refusing him access to adequate medical care until the court’s intervention, the Sheikh sensed the government’s intention of inducing killer doctors to finish what they had earlier started, now through the back door.

He therefore insisted on having the presence of the doctors that initially assessed him in Nigeria, who also worked in that hospital, failing which, he preferred to return to Nigeria.  He refused to be subjected to any breach in the basic ethical principles guiding the medical treatment of people of respect for persons: protecting the autonomy of all people and treating them with courtesy and respect and allowing for informed consent, which the Nigerian government had contracted medical personnel in the Indian hospital to throw to the wind.

Before efforts at resolving this impasse could be concluded, the Sheikh was brought back to Nigeria, since their evil schemes could not be executed. The government is now churning out contradictory explanations to blame the Sheikh for not allowing himself to be killed in the name of medical treatment. The Nigerian government is also blackmailing the Sheikh that he sought for asylum in India just to cover their own gross misconduct in a foreign land.

The campaign of calumny has been championed by the Federal Ministry of Information, which sarcastically even said they were apologising to India for the Sheikh’s “unruly behaviour” rather than for their own obvious attempted assassination of somebody in another country!  Isn’t it rather contradictory that someone allegedly seeking asylum would be unwilling to stay back irrespective of the circumstances but preferring instead to return to his home country.

It is on record that it was the Sheikh who requested to be brought back home having been denied access to his doctors and rejecting the killer squad engaged to “treat” him instead.  The government’s claim that Sheikh’s wife antagonized the Nigerian officials by accusing them of killing her three children is yet another spurious search for justification for its maltreatment of the couple. Isn’t it true that it is the government that killed her three sons when its army invaded their residence at night in December 2015?

Wasn’t her husband dragged over the corpses of their murdered children having been shot himself and left swimming in his own pool of blood? Wasn’t she also shot and left lying lifeless in the process? Were they expecting a cheer from her for all these severe gross violation of their fundamental rights, even as judged by a competent federal court?  It is rather very shameful and a slap in the face of Nigeria that the government which hitherto claimed it had no hand in the case, now has to resort to lies, calumny and blackmail against a couple whose alleged crimes has never ever been proved in any court of the land.

All the allegations against this couple have always been merely spurious and unproven, and knowing that they could never prove in any court use the might of state power to intimidate and misinform the public.  It is noteworthy to state that the government is yet to respond to the confessions by the Saudi Arabian Crown Prince that they sponsored the Zaria genocide and the subsequent continued detention of the Sheikh in Nigeria.

This same fact was earlier alluded to by President Muhammadu Buhari during a state visit to Qatar. The world is watching all the persecution of the Islamic leader with keen interest. The government can never change the narrative.

We wish to thank the general public for their continued understanding and show of support in all these. No amount of feeding the public with concocted half-truths, lies and campaigns of calumny would swerve the course of justice for all the victims of Zaria genocide and its aftermath”

Share
Also Read:  Zambians hail Pro. Joshua Iginla over confirmation of President Lungu victory + Exclusive videos of Prophecy
Continue Reading

News

Senate President Condemn Shameful Assult On Ekweremadu

Published

on

The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has described as shameful the assault on former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

Recall that the ex-Senate President was recently assulted by members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), in Nuremberg, Germany where he was to give a keynote address at the Second Igbo Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany.

Condemning the assult on Ekweremadu, Lawan said:

“It is incredibly absurd for anybody to blame the distinguished Senator for the violent criminal activities in his home base, the purported reason cited by the mob for the bewildering attack.

“Senator Ekweremadu, like all his distinguished colleagues in the Ninth Assembly of the Senate, is concerned about the insecurity and other challenges in that area and other parts of Nigeria. Senator Ekweremadu has also been at the forefront of the patriotic efforts to find lasting solutions to the challenges.

“The barbaric attack on Senator Ekweremadu at a forum to which he was invited to contribute to charting a course for the progress and happiness of Ndigbo debase our values as civilised people. It is most reprehensible and should be condemned by all right-thinking Nigerians,” Lawan said.

He urged the German authorities to identify those involved in the despicable act so that the law can take its course against them. Lawan also urged Nigerians to always reflect deeply and broadly before embarking on a course of action and advised the youth to ventilate whatever grievances they have along lines prescribed by the law and recommended by reason and democratic ethos.

Also Read:  Meet Arsenal Latest Signing, Bernd Leno

 

The Senate President then urged Senator Ekweremadu not to be deterred by the incident from his path of service to his people and Nigerians in general, but to take it as part of the sacrifice of leadership.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Boy Found Two Years After Going Missing In Ogun State

Published

on

RCCG

The police has found a seven year-old boy who went missing in Ogun State two years ago.

Joshua Joseph, was declared missing by his parents in Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun State in 2017.

Two years later, he has now been found with one Blessing Ozor who reportedly paid N1.05m for his ‘adoption’.

The boy renamed Chisom was adopted by a level-13 civil servant in the Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs identified as Ifeoma Joy.

Speaking at the state police headquarters where the boy was handed over to his parents, Ogun State Commissioner of Police Bashir Makama said the boy was found after officers from the command carried out a painstaking investigation.

The staff of Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs accused of collecting over N1m from the boy’s adopted mother and forging adoption documents from the Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs, was linked to a three-member syndicate which specialised in stealing and selling children. Other members of the gang include Rita and Angela and it was learnt they are serving time in prisons at Edo and Ondo states.

Also Read:  Who's Better at Driving: Men or Women?

 

“Joy is working at the Ministry of Women Affairs in Anambra State. She used the opportunity to arrange buyers for stolen children.

“In the cause of looking for her, she got transferred to four local government councils within one month in order to evade arrest.

“Our findings showed that eight children had been stolen by this syndicate from Ogun State and four had been recovered.

“One of the stolen children was found when the people, who adopted him, saw the boy’s picture on the pages of newspapers and returned him” Ogun state police PRO Abimbola Oyeyemi said.

 

However Joy on her own part insisted that she did nothing wrong but only helped out a sister in fellowship.

 

She said, “I never did such a thing. I know the woman, who brought this boy, as a worker at the Peace Sisters’ Home.

“So, when my sister in fellowship (Ozor) came up with the idea of adopting a child, I called the other woman to help us get a boy and I gave Rita my sister’s particulars. When she finished with the particulars, she now came with this boy. I never knew the boy was stolen.”

 

Also Read:  Meet Arsenal Latest Signing, Bernd Leno

Recounting how she made the payment to alleged member of child-trafficking gang, Ozor said she paid N150,000 for processing of the adoption papers and additional N900,000 when the process was completed.

 

“I am just a victim of circumstances by my foolishness. I went to a sister in our fellowship, who had adopted a child before, because I have two daughters already but I had a feeling for a son; my last daughter is 24 years old.

“I went through Rita because she and her husband had adopted a child before and they led me to this woman, Joy. I believed that everything was okay because she made me believe that she runs the Peace Sisters Home” she said.

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media