Connect with us

News

SANWO-OLU HAS SHOWN LEADERSHIP IN MANAGING COVID-19 OUTBREAK – TINUBU

Published

on

Tinubu

 …APC Leader To Gov: ‘We Are In Support Of Your Actions’

National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has thrown his weight behind the preventive measures being taken by the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to stop the spread of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the State.

Tinubu said Gov. Sanwo-Olu had shown leadership in the implementation of the response strategy to manage of confirmed cases coronavirus infection and tracing of suspected cases, even beyond the borders of the State.

The former Lagos State Governor described coronavirus as “mysterious enemy”, saying leaders across the globe were in for a “challenging period” as they take actions on daily basis to combat the ravaging epidemic.

Tinubu spoke on Tuesday after a private meeting with Governor Sanwo-Olu at the State House in Marina.

The APC National Leader said: “First of all, I congratulate the Government of Lagos State for what has been done so far and the regular information that the Government is sharing with the public. This is the essence of leadership. Nigerians need a lot of education in this challenge period.

Also Read:  Ways to cure depression

“I congratulate the Governor (Sanwo-Olu), for the fact that he asked the workers to stay at home to discontinue the chain of transmission. We must respect this order and obey the Government. We endorse the position of the Governor. Let people stay at home in period and pray in their houses.”

Tinubu said he would be in support of further more stringent measures, suggesting a total lockdown in the State to stop the epidemic.

If the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (UK) could lock down the city of London, the APC leader said there would be nothing strange if Lagos Government took similar decision.

He said: “I can’t pre-empt what the Governor would be doing next. But, whatever decision he takes, he has our support. We have reviewed the previous measures with him and he has also reviewed with his team. We have confidence in the team; whatever they say, we will comply.”

Tinubu said the people must embrace the new culture of social distancing to break the cycle of transmission, noting that actions being introduced against COVID-19 would teach people the lesson of keeping hygienic at all times.

Also Read:  APC Chieftain, Eze Hails Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Others for Shunning the Opening of Illegal APC Parallel Secretariat in Rivers

He particularly advised students and market women to heed the Government’s directive, stressing that their activities must help the nation to win the battle against the disease.

“The activities in the market must reflect the new culture; we all must obey the Government.  Having to restrict hugging and family excitement doesn’t mean we don’t love one another. We do, but we have to prevent the spread of a mysterious disease that is our common enemy,” Tinubu said.

He hailed all religious leaders who obeyed the directive of the Government on public gatherings and also disseminated information about COVID-19 to their followers.

The politician urged members of the public to heed the directives issued by the Government and tasked them to maintain personal hygiene in order to protect their fellow patriots.

 

Share

News

Mosques, Churches To Reopen On June 19, 21

Published

on

Churches

Religious activities will resume in Lagos State on Friday, June 19, and 21 respectively.

According to a new directive by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the ban on religious activities will cease in the state on June 19 and 21.

Muslim services to resume on Friday, June 19, while Christian worship begins on Sunday, June, 21

Also Read:  Tips for Transitioning from Relaxed to Natural Hair

The directive however restricts children below the age 15 of 15 from attending such religious gatherings with gatherings restricted to only Fridays and Sundays.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Godswill Akpabio Failed To Deliver On 500 Million Contract-Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

Published

on

Contract

Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta has accused the minister of Niger Delta affairs, Godswill Akpabio of getting a N300 million fence construction contract from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

 

According to The Cable, while still the senator representing Akwa Ibom north-west, Akpabio requested for a N500 million contract from the NDDC in 2017. The Minister was reportedly given the contract of fencing Federal Polytechnic Ukana, Akwa Ibom, (N200 million), and Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene (N100 million).

 

The publication reported that Akpabio got N150 million for entrepreneurship training on the use of modern farming implements for youths and women of Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district and N50 million for the renovation of a hostel at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu state.

Also Read:  Best Nigerian cities to visit with a group of friends

 

Akpabio got N300m fence construction contract from NDDC - Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

 

Speaking to newsmen on Wednesday, June 3, Senator Nwaoboshi said the contracts were fully paid for but there was nothing to show for it.

 

He said:

 

“Findings show that while there was no physical evidence of implementation of these projects, checks show contracts were awarded and fully paid for.

“Such practices have turned the region to sites of abandoned projects.”

 

This is coming after Akpabio said he would not allow the NDDC to be raped under his watch. A few days ago, the former Governor of Akwa Ibom state raised an alarm about NDDC abandoned projects and the agency being “turned to an ATM” by politicians.

Also Read:  REGIONAL ROAD PROJECT TO TAKE OFF IN MAY - SANWO-OLU

 

Akpabio said;

 

“We have also had a lot of political interference, people have not allowed NDDC to work as it ought to, people coming with ideas not to move the region forward but to move their pockets forward. It has always been so… I think people were treating the place as an ATM, where you just walk in there to go and pluck money and go away, I don’t think they were looking at it as an interventionist agency.”

Share
Continue Reading

News

Man Beat Four Year-Old Son To Coma

Published

on

Beat

A man simply identified as Tunde has been arrested by men of the Lagos state police command.

He was arrested for beating his four-year-old son, Ezekiel, to a state of coma, leaving him with several body marks.

The father of the boy reportedly got angry because he excreted on himself.

Man arrested for beating his four-year-old son to coma in Lagos (photos)

Neighbors revealed that Ezekiel’s mum and his father Tunde were married for a few years until she left him over constant acts of domestic violence. She initially left with Ezekiel but later returned him to his father who had already remarried.

Also Read:  SANWO-OLU TAKES DELIVERY OF 110-BED ISOLATION CENTRE JOINTLY BUILT WITH GTBANK

A neighbor told The Nation that Ezekiel was always being maltreated by Tunde and his new wife.

“Tunde married another wife and the woman always beat Ezekiel at every little provocation. Nobody in the neighbourhood could stop Tunde from beating the boy because of his unruly behaviour,” the neighbor said

Confirming his arrest, the Igando Divisional Police Officer, CSP Taiwo Kasumu said:

“We have arrested him and the child is with us. Though the child can’t be with us; I have contacted the Lagos State Child Protection Unit for further action.”

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media