Connect with us

News

I Pleaded With My Son For 30 Days So He Could Denounce Boko Haram, Father Of Captured Commander

Published

on

Mallam Baba Modu,  the father of the recently captured Boko Haram commander Ba-Ana,’ has narrated how he begged his son for 30 days so that he could denounce Boko Haram.

According to the 80 years old man, his effort to convince his son who was conscripted by the insurgents in 2012 at a farm in Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno State was furtile.

Mallam Modu recounted how he traveled to the Lake Chad camp of the Al Barnawi faction of the sect to plead with his son to surrender himself to the Federal Government’s Operation Safe Corridor.

Still hoping that his son would come back to him, he said that it took him a week to get to where his son was after which he was told he should wait until he returned from a mission.

“I lost hope of meeting my son after his abduction in the past seven years. One day, I met someone who told me that my son was alive and mentioned where I could find him. I was also told he is one of the commanders of the Al Barnawi faction of the Boko Haram sect.

I travelled to the shores of the Lake Chad to plead with Ba-Ana to surrender and embrace peace. It took me about one week to get to where I met him. When I arrived at the camp, I told them that I am the father of Ba-Ana and after a series of interrogations, they asked me to wait for him to return from a mission.

Ba-Ana returned at night. He was surprised to see me, and when he heard my voice, he told his men that I am his father. I pleaded with him for about 30 days in a bid to convince him to lay down his arms and embrace peace. Regrettably, he did not heed my counsel.

Ba-Ana confessed that he killed many people and believed that the authorities would not forgive his crimes. He also believed that he had committed his life to the cause of God. I have not lost hope; I will continue to pray to God to heal his soul and bring him back to me.”

Meanwhile, the military said on Wednesday that it was clearing the remnants of Boko Haram on the major road leading to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.  A statement signed by the spokesman for the counter-insurgency operation in the North-East, Operation Lafiya Dole, Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, noted that there was no truth in media reports that the Maiduguri-Damaturu Road had been closed to motorists

Share
Also Read:  Leonard, Maisamari families evicted from MDA8
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

 The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 – Shettima

Published

on

Arewa Youths Leader, Alhaji Yerima Shettima

The possibility of the north retaining power after the second term tenure of President Mohammadu Buhari has been speculated.

However, Arewa Youths Leader, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, has confirmed the yearning of the north to retain power.

According to him, the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.

Alhaji Shettima reportedly stated this in an interview published in the New Telegraph on Friday, June 21.

According to the president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, the current administration has not favoured the north, adding that the current government is purely a southwest government.

“I don’t know who is going to be the next president of Nigeria until we see those who will declare interest. However, talking about the zone, which should produce the president in 2023, I have said it on many occasions that the North will produce the next president and you could see that the issue is becoming very clear. “I don’t just make a pronouncement on something I am not sure of. We are sure that this government has not favoured the North. This government is purely a South-West government. They have taken everything.”

Also Read:  Again, Senate Fails To Confirm Magu

Stating that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), will die before 2023, Alhaji Shettima said that the only thing holding the ruling party together is President Buhari.

“Even in the National Assembly, somebody was working to ensure that his interest is protected to make it easy for him to become president come 2023, but unfortunately the party itself will die before 2023. “By 2023, All Progressives Congress (APC) will no longer be visible. The only thing that holds that party is President Buhari, but he is not coming back. This is his last tenure and I am sure the Buhari I know will be busy thinking of how to go for his retirement rather than thinking of whether the party survives or not. He has achieved all he wanted to achieve. He has become both heads of state and civilian president.”

Share
Continue Reading

News

Rampaging Bandits Give Conditions For Ceasefire

Published

on

Bandits

Rampaging bandits in Zamfara state have given conditions for a cease-fire.

The conditions include being allowed to attend local markets without fear or intimidation and a halt of Fulani killings in local markets.

The disclosure was made by the state’s commissioner of police, Usman Nagoggo, during a meeting with vigilantes and volunteers popularly known as Yan Sakai on Thursday, June 20.

According to CP Nagoggo, the crisis of banditry in the state was being fuelled by the unlawful executions of suspected criminals.

Also Read:  Sunkanmi returns with American Oxygen

However, vigilantes in the state have expressed readiness to do anything that will ensure that peace returns.

CP Nagoggo revealed that the armed men had been contacted by authorities, and they gave the assurance that they would stop the carnage in the state, only on these conditions.

His words: “Part of the conditions they gave was that the Yan Sakai should halt the extrajudicial killings of Fulani, especially in local markets. The bandits said they should be allowed to attend local markets without fear or intimidation.

Also Read:  APPLE LAUNCHES HOT NEW iPAD AND iPHONE 6

“That is why we are holding this meeting to intimate you about the new peace road map being designed by the government.

“A situation whereby a local vigilante will kill one of the bandits and the armed men would slay about 30 persons in retaliation, what is the gain here?”

The CP implored the vigilante leaders to reach out to their followers and ask them to stop such practice of extrajudicial killings in the state.

Share
Continue Reading

News

UK Government Warn Citizens Form Travelling To 21 Nigerian States

Published

on

The government of the United Kingdom has listed states in Nigeria where its citizens should not travel to.

The country listed the states and warned its citizens not travel to the places for health and safety reasons.

The citizens were advised to seek security if they must travel and work in the listed areas.

According to the government, attacks have become high in such areas, hence the need to stay clear.

Also Read:  Teenage Girl Arrested For Illegal Possession Of Fire Arm

Through its foreign and commonwealth office, the UK said the advisory followed issues of insecurity including Boko Haram, in the North East, armed banditry in the North West and militancy in the South-South.

It also relied on an earlier report of Lassa Fever in some state and reports that Nigeria is prone to the Zika virus.

Also Read:  Again, Senate Fails To Confirm Magu

In the travel advisory recently released by the government of the United Kingdom, 21 states including Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers states went marked as danger zones.

Others are Zamfara, Bauchi, Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Kastina, Kogi States. Citizens were also advised to stay away from 20km of the border with Niger in Sokoto, Abia and Kebbi state.

 

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 media