Connect with us

News

WORK ON LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY TO COMMENCE THIS MONTH- SANWO-OLU

Published

on

***Says Task Force Will Clean Up Project Site

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu has assured Lagos residents that work will commence on Lagos-Badagry expressway from Maza-Maza to Okokomaiko this month.

The governor who stated this while on inspection tour of the Lagos Badagry expressway said with access to needed financing, contractors would resume work on site.

According to the Governor, “we shall be moving to site this month. Work will commence after we’ve crossed all the T’s and dotted all the I’s. We will ensure we close our conversation with CCEC and move to site because work has been abandoned here for almost 4years”

Also Read:  Issue Fresh Proclamation On Edo Assembly, Senate Orders Obaseki

He noted that the road from the National theatre  to Maza-Maza has been completed but has become impassable due to indiscriminate dumping of refuse and misuse by traders, adding that massive clean-up will take place in the coming week.

“We started the journey from Orile Iganmu through Maza-Maza, and finally here at the Trade Fair. The road from National Arts Theatre up to Maza-Maza has actually been constructed but unfortunately the refuse on the road has not made the work shown.

Also Read:  Between Skales And Wizkid

“There are lots of infrastructure on the road including the railway line. The refuse had not allowed us see the road. I don’t know how it will take but it’s going to be a major task force to clean up that corridor”, Sanwo-Olu said

He expressed readiness to partner with the Federal Government to find a lasting solution to the road from Okokomaiko to Agbara to Seme-border.

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Tinubu 2023 Presidency Would Be Illogical, Most Disruptive-Bode George

Published

on

The former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George has described a 2023 Tinubu presidency as illogical and most disruptive.

George said this during an interview with Punchng.com published on Sunday, February 16.

Bola Tinubu

“It would be the most illogical and most disruptive issue to have him (Tinubu) elected as President,” he said.

The PDP stalwart, who intends to contest the 2023 presidential election attacked Tinubu, adding he was throwing an open challenge to him.

George, who acknowledged the fact that PDP required remodelling and confirmed that the party would be beaten stupid at elections if it continues as it is, stated that if the PDP’s zoning formula for the presidency points to the South, it should be given to the Southeast because they have never had it, adding that if the name Tinubu pops up in the APC, he would go all out to contest with him.

Also Read:  Did Jesse Jagz snub Audu Maikori and MI?

He also said that he would dump Nigeria for Togo if the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, wins the presidential election in 2023.

“If this happens, I will disown Nigeria to take the citizenship of Togo or any other country. Look, what this fellow did in my state, all the lies and the most painful thing was that on the day of the election (2019 election) two bullion vans drove in the daylight to his house and what did Professor Itse Sagay say, that he (Tinubu) had been a very wealthy man before. Where was he wealthy?”

Also Read:  French presidential contender Emmanuel Macron’s unique love story

Meanwhile, Tinubu has not declared interest in contesting for the position.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Nobody Will Be Sworn In As New Bayelsa Governor On Friday-Oshiomhole

Published

on

Bayelsa

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has stated that nobody would be sworn in as the new governor of Bayelsa State on Friday, February 14.

Reacting to the sack of Governor David Lyon by the Supreme Court, Oshiomhole stated that Lyon was democratically elected, adding “Nobody will be sworn in on Friday as the new governor in Bayelsa state”

Meanwhile, reacting to Oshiomole’s comments, Rivers Governor, Nyesome Wike called on the Federal Government to warn Oshiomhole to desist from making inflammatory remarks capable of destabilising the country.

Also Read:  Issue Fresh Proclamation On Edo Assembly, Senate Orders Obaseki

Wike said, “The Federal Government should warn Oshiomhole to stop making remarks that will destabilise Nigeria. What he is doing in Edo State is not proper and he should not bring it to the rest of the Niger Delta.”

“Who is Oshiomhole to determine who has spread in a state? Supreme Court has made a ruling. It is unfortunate for Oshiomhole to come forward to say that nobody will be sworn in.”

Wike further stated that Oshiomhole was making such statements to get into the good books of APC governors who no longer believe in him.

Also Read:  Jonathan congratulates Buhari

“It is most unfortunate what Oshiomhole is doing because he wants to retain his position as national chairman. APC governors have rejected him; that is why he is struggling to prove that he is fighting for the party.

“Oshiomhole is making statements as if he owns the country. This is the same way he is carrying on in Edo State, fighting the governor. He believes that he has the forces to cause crisis. He is arrogating powers to himself, which is not good.”

 

Share
Continue Reading

News

Lagos Speaker, Obasa React To Restriction Of Okada, Keke Napep

Published

on

Obasa

 

Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, has reacted to the restriction of commercial motorcycle popular as Okada and Tricycles on major highways in Lagos state.

Speaking at a meeting with the Associations of Motorcycles and Tricycles Operators in Agege Local Government and Orile-Agege Local Council Development Area (LCDA) in Lagos on Thursday, February 13, Obasa said that the restriction was for the safety of the citizenry.

Commending the associations for being calm and law-abiding since the pronouncement of the restriction and ban of their operations on some major highways in the state, Obasa who said that the door of his office was wide open for deliberations said that the restriction was not to deny them of their means of livelihood but to ensure safety of lives in the metropolis.

Also Read:  Owelle Rochas Okorocha Turns 57

“We are aware of the violence that trailed the restriction of your activities in some parts of the state.

“I want to commend you for staying calm and law-abiding here in Agege.

“Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has no hatred for motorcycles and tricycles operators, but there is the need to protect the citizens.

“I want to implore your associations to identify some of the problems hindering your operations, identify alternative routes, map out those that are not motorable and tell us.

“In this way, the local government will come in to assist.

“This is not going to be our last meeting, because, in our next meeting, I will invite the Police Area Commanders and the Divisional Police Officers (DPO) in this local government and the Commissioner of Police.

Also Read:  Signs that technology will soon ruin your love life

“I will also invite the State Commissioner for Transport to find a lasting solution to the issues of indiscriminate arrests in areas where the restriction is not applicable,” he said.

Urging members of the association to come up with positive ideas that would aid their smooth operation within the approved routes, Obasa said that the government would not hesitate to support them, adding that they were professionals and should behave as such by obeying the laws governing the state.

 

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media