His Love Foundation, the charity arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), on Sunday, May 4, unveiled its achievements to the public.
In an event which held at Four Point Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, the foundation led by the Special Assistant to the General Overseer on CSR, Pastor Idowu Iluyomade and several other members showcased how it had touched lives and renovated departments in public organisations.
Explaining the place of His Love Foundation in RCCG, Pastor Iluyomade described the foundation as RCCG’s Global Charity Organization, adding that It is a faith inspired charity serving millions of people world-wide regardless of their sex, religion, social or economic backgrounds.
Speaking further, he revealed that the foundation collaborates with over 43,318
partner centre in various locations all over Nigeria and has operational presence in 197 Nations of the world.
Highlighting it’s six focus areas as Health, Hunger, Prisons, Education, Social Enterprise, Rehabilitation, he explained that the foundation’s interventions are aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are geared towards ending poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
The achievements of His Love Foundation are indeed ample. Records availed to www.theoctopusnews.com showed charity works that had been done in several spheres dating till April 2019. Statistics on the foundation’s achievements includes:
1. Number of CSR operating centres/RCCG parishes: 43,318
2. Total number of projects done from March to date: 57, 686
3. Total number of people impacted: 14,065,959
4. Total number of states impacted: 36 States plus FCT
5. Total number of Local Government areas impacted: 455 local Government Areas
In the area of health, the foundation’s initiatives include the following:
1. Medical Mission Outreaches: We conduct medical outreaches twice a year Easter and Christmas for thousands of people all over the nations with 230, 538 beneficiaries.
2. Maternity Centres across the country: We operate free delivery maternity centres at our partner locations across the Country.
3. Healing Stripes Hospital: We provide medical care at affordable prices. We have specialization in dentistry and ophthalmology. In partnership with medical institutions abroad, we have conducted nine (9) successful kidney transplants.
4. Kirikiri Maximum Prison Referral Hospital: We refurbished and equipped this facility to provide a decent medical for the inmates.
5. Healing Stripes Cancer Screening and Diagnostics Centre: We have screened over 100, 761 people at subsided rates
6. Healing Stripes Dialysis Centre: We have about 9,505 completed sessions at subsided cost and a good number done for free.
7. Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Intensive Care Unit (LASUTH ICU): We equipped this unit in 2017 and 202 people have benefited from it.
8. Plateau State Specialist Hospital ICU: As a second in this series of ultra-modern health projects, we are commissioning this unit on Friday, 10th May 2019.
1.57,881,035 Meals served from March 2018 to date in the 197 Nations we operate
2. Over 200,000 meals served at 16 daily feeding centres from March 2018 to date
3. Food Banks:
Distribution of foodstuffs from our food bank to thousands of beneficiaries nationwide
Distribution of foodstuffs to 1,000 victims of Super Typhoon at Calasiao Pangasinan, Philippines
1. 91,703 students have benefited from scholarships, educational grant and support
2. Free Schools (free tuition, uniforms, free meals, and books)
1. 99,684 prison inmates impacted through the rehabilitation of Kirikiri health centre, chapel and Open University library
2. Refurbishing and equipping of the Kirikiri Prison Medical Centre
3. Renovation of Christ the Light Chapel Building at Kirikiri
4. Provision of over 5,000 packs of food for prison inmates in Lagos every Sunday
5. Legal Aid services are being provided pro-bono and many have been set free
6. Donation of ambulances to Kirikiri Maximum Prison and Agodi Prison, Ibadan
1. 2,802 beneficiaries of It’s New to Me Charity Shop
2. RCCG Vocational Institution (RVI), Lekki
3. 24 students have graduated till date with 16 distinctions from National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB)
4. Business Networks in conjunction with Lagos State Employability Trust Fund (LSETF): Total registered till date is 290
1. Habitation of Hope: 6,976 beneficiaries
2. Christ Against Drugs Abuse Ministry (CADAM): 2,805 beneficiaries
3. Wholistic Outreach. (Rehabilitation of prostitutes and abandoned girls): 1,003 beneficiaries
4. Wellspring Rehabilitation: 1,010 beneficiaries
5. House of Joy: 500 beneficiaries
6. Virtuous Women: 41 beneficiaries
The Beth-Tzadekah Home for young children rescued from the street life of easy virtues
Explaining the reasons for the charity works they have embarked on, Iluyomade highlighted the part of the scriptures which encourages the son of man to love God and to love his neighbours as he would love himself, adding that therein lies the whole duty of man.
According to him, the long list of achievement by the foundation therefore attest to sacrifices of love.
His words: “For us, CSR is matter of life and death, it is not an option. Because we have to answer these simple questions: “did you feed the poor, did you give the thirsty drink, shelter the stranger, did you take care of the sick? did you visit and take care of the prisoners?”
Iluyomade said to be able to answer the questions, the foundation has therefore committed itself to its mission of: “Help for the helpless, Hope for the hopeless, Food for the hungry, Strength for the weak”
Post Views: 812