Connect with us

News

Tinubu 2023 Presidency Would Be Illogical, Most Disruptive-Bode George

Published

on

The former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George has described a 2023 Tinubu presidency as illogical and most disruptive.

George said this during an interview with Punchng.com published on Sunday, February 16.

Bola Tinubu

“It would be the most illogical and most disruptive issue to have him (Tinubu) elected as President,” he said.

The PDP stalwart, who intends to contest the 2023 presidential election attacked Tinubu, adding he was throwing an open challenge to him.

George, who acknowledged the fact that PDP required remodelling and confirmed that the party would be beaten stupid at elections if it continues as it is, stated that if the PDP’s zoning formula for the presidency points to the South, it should be given to the Southeast because they have never had it, adding that if the name Tinubu pops up in the APC, he would go all out to contest with him.

Also Read:  Rivers election: Don't rejoice prematurely, Eze tells Wike, Abe

He also said that he would dump Nigeria for Togo if the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, wins the presidential election in 2023.

“If this happens, I will disown Nigeria to take the citizenship of Togo or any other country. Look, what this fellow did in my state, all the lies and the most painful thing was that on the day of the election (2019 election) two bullion vans drove in the daylight to his house and what did Professor Itse Sagay say, that he (Tinubu) had been a very wealthy man before. Where was he wealthy?”

Also Read:  Pictures From Demolition Of Ikota Slum***Pictures

Meanwhile, Tinubu has not declared interest in contesting for the position.

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

COVID-19 UPDATE BY LAGOS INCIDENT COMMANDER, GOVERNOR BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU

Published

on

Coronavirus

Dear Lagosians,

I have more great news for you from our Infectious Disease Hospital. Today, additional two female patients have recovered fully, having tested negative twice consecutively. They have been discharged from the facility.

With the newly discharged patients, we now have a total of 31 people that have fully recovered from #COVID19 in Lagos and discharged to join the community.

Also Read:  Governor Ahmed Bars TIC Chairpersons from Making Appointments

We are full of appreciation to the front line health workers, working hard during this difficult time. Their successful strides in this war against COVID19 brings us joy and hope. I therefore enjoin citizens to continue to listen and obey health advisories issued by our health experts as they coordinate resources to beat #COVID19.

Also Read:  Find out why you might land in court for addressing Bode George wrongly

I have no doubt whatsoever that we have the upper hand in this war. We are winning and we will eventually win.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Dettol Suspends Airing Of Latest Funke Akindele Commercial

Published

on

Dettol Nigeria has suspended the airing of it’s commercial featuring thespian Funke Akindele.

Since the actress’s arrest, the organization has opted to go with an older commercial preaching the health advantage of using the brand.

This follow criticisms that has trailed the actress following her violation of the lockdown of Lagos State, Ogun State and Abuja ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Reacting to the arrest of it’s ambassador, Dettol Nigeria took to Twitter to state it’s position on the violation.

Also Read:  Shocker: 90 Percent Of "FBI 80" Are Igbo Men***See Full List

A statement read in part: “As a responsible organization, Dettol Nigeria does not condone any breach of the guidelines on Covid-19 and are concerned about the turn of events.”

NCDC, Dettol react to Funke Akindele

Recall that Akindele was arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for hosting a party to celebrate her husband’s birthday despite presidential order restricting movement and public gathering.

Also Read:  Pictures From Demolition Of Ikota Slum***Pictures

Confirming the arrest of the actress, Lagos State Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, stated that the actress had been taken to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba.

“Yes, we have arrested Funke Akindele and we are looking for the others. She has been taken to SCID,” Elkana stated.

 

 

 

Share
Continue Reading

News

LAGOS GOVT TO OFFSET MEDICAL BILLS OF PREGNANT WOMEN, PATIENTS ON EMERGENCY IN PERIOD OF LOCKDOWN – SANWO-OLU

Published

on

Coronavirus

…Governor Orders Free Treatment For Surgery Patients At State-Owned General Hospitals In New Palliative Scheme

…‘24 Patients Have Fully Survived COVID-19 In Lagos’

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Saturday, introduced more palliative scheme for vulnerable residents who might be affected by the ongoing 14-day lockdown directive imposed by the Federal Government in the State.

For the duration of the lockdown, the State Government will be offsetting the medical bills of any patient admitted into the State-owned secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities, Gov. Sanwo-Olu announced in a briefing after the State’s Security Council meeting held at the State House in Marina.

The new palliative scheme, Sanwo-Olu said, will cover the medical equipment expenses of pregnant women on maternity delivery and other categories of patients in emergency, casualty cases, laboratory testing and surgeries.

Also, the Governor said the cost of any medication bought at the State-owned secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities will be borne by the Government during the period of lockdown.

The move, Sanwo-Olu said, is to ameliorate the difficulties that may be experienced by the those whose wellbeing may have been affected by the ongoing restrictions initiated to curtail the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic in the State.

Lagos is worst hit of the three states currently locked down by the Federal Government. Others are Ogun State and Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Sanwo-Olu said measures had been put in place to ensure the scheme was not compromised, adding that the palliative would make great impact on those in need of medical attention in the period of lockdown.

Also Read:  Find out why you might land in court for addressing Bode George wrongly

He said: “Lagos State Government will, for the duration of the restriction on movement, be taking full responsibility for the medical bills of all patients who fall in the following categories at all Lagos State-owned secondary healthcare facilities.

“The first category are patients in emergency, casualty cases, including registration, laboratory tests, surgeries, and drugs. Those in the second category are maternity cases. We will bear the full cost of pregnant women on normal delivery and Caesarean sections in our hospitals in this period of lockdown.

“What this new scheme means is that, at this time, patients with the listed medical conditions will not need to pay to access treatment and care in all our 27 General Hospitals across the State.”

The Governor said the State had started to review the process of distribution of food relief package, which was introduced at the beginning of the restriction, admitting that the programme had made positive difference in the lives of the intended beneficiaries.

He, however, pointed out that there was ongoing appraisal of the social intervention programme, which, he said, was necessitated by pockets of irregularities observed in its implementation.

Sanwo-Olu disclosed that the restrictive measures had started to pay off, stressing that lockdown had afforded the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to keep up and make appropriate progress in tracing of contacts.

Also Read:  CANADIAN MAYOR DISCUSS BILATERAL COOPERATION IN TECHNOLOGY

“The restrictions have started paying off; the Nigeria Center for Disease Control has told us that they have been able to take advantage of the absence of traffic on our roads to make appreciable progress in their contact tracing,” the Governor said.

He said all patients in the State’s isolation centres were doing well and recovering faster despite the surge in Covid-19 case in Lagos. A patient, Sanwo-Olu said, was discharged on Saturday afternoon, making it 24 COVID-19 patients treated and released by the State.

Sanwo-Olu reiterated his Government’s commitment to security of residents’ lives and property, warning hoodlums who may want to take advantage of the ongoing restriction of movement to rob. The Governor ordered 24-hour security surveillance across residential areas and asked the police to dislodge hoodlums in various spots across the State.

He also said more measures would be introduced to ensure the lockdown remains effective.

On whether there would be extension of the lockdown, Sanwo-Olu said: “We are in the period of national emergency and the ongoing restriction was declared by the President. If there’s need for an extension, the Federal authorities will decide that based on the outcome of the ongoing measures.”

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media