Connect with us

Opinion

Suenu Chieftaincy Family Takes Possession Of Olam Nigeria Limited, Nigerian Rope Plc

Published

on

A portion of land in Abebe Village, Iganmu, Surulere Local Government, Lagos State housing Olam Nigeria Limited, Nigerian Ropes Plc, and other companies has been taken over by the Suenue Chieftaincy Family of Lagos State.

The takeover was pursuant to an agreement reached between the Suenu Chieftaincy Family and its tenant, United African Company (UAC), following a consent judgment by Justice A. M. Lawal of Lagos State High Court.

Suenu Chieftaincy Family represented by Chief Omogbolahan A. N. Durosimi, Qudus O. Suenu, Shakirudeen Yussuf Samisideen O. Ogungbadero and Mohammed M. Durosimi had sometimes in 2015, instituted a suit marked LD/1170GCMW/2015, against U.A.C. Nigeria Plc and Registrar of Title, Lagos State, over the said portion of the land.

However, following terms of a settlement between the parties, Justice Lawal in his judgment delivered on March 13, 2017, but signed on July 12, 2019, held: “by virtue of terms of settlement dated 24, January 2017, the claimant and the first defendant agreed to settle the issue raised in the suit on the conditions stipulated in said terms and which terms were pronounced upon by this Honourable Court as the judgment of the Court on 10th July 2017”.

Also Read:  THE NECESSITY FOR ENHANCED PENSION CORRUPTION BATTLE UNDER PRESIDENT BUHARI. 

With Justice Lawal’s judgment on the land, Suenu Chieftaincy Family on September 23, 2019, in a motion exparte, approached Justice M. O. Obadina’s Court for the enforcement of the judgment.

In granting the exparte motion, Justice Obadina held: “upon the application dated 23rd day of September 2019, coming before this honourable court to be heard on behalf of the claimants/judgment creditors/applicants.

“And upon reading the affidavit in support of the motion of Samisideen Olaseni Ogungbadero, Secretary to Suenu Chieftaincy Family, sworn to and filed o at the High Court Registry, on 26th day of September, 2019 and after hearing G. C. Nwosu of counsel to the judgment creditors/applicants, it is hereby ordered as prayed, leave is granted, the applicants to executed the judgment of the Honourable Court delivered in this suit on 13th March 2017.

“Order is granted issuing warrant of execution of the said judgment”.

Otunba Tomori Williams, the Judgment Executor while speaking with journalists narrated how Suenu Chieftaincy family became the owner of the land in the 19th century, adding that the land was originally given to them by Olooto Royal Family.

Also Read:  Nigerians Lament Worsening Electricity Supply As Yuletide Approaches

Williams also narrated how the part of the land was leased to U.A.C upon approaching the family in 1947 and 1952. Adding that after sometimes UAC which had been unhindered possession till today stopped, failed and refused to pay the statutory leasehold agreement to Suenu Chieftaincy family.

He further stated that following the failure and refusal of UAC to pay statutory leasehold agreement on the land, the Suenu Chieftaincy family was forced to approach the court to seek redress. Tomori stated that UAC subsequently entered an out-of-court settlement with the family and the agreement eventual became the judgment of the court which he was empowered to execute.

He also stated that the said property in question is not a subject of any other litigation, as Suenu Chieftaincy Family has been unhindered possession through the people they leased it to, primarily, UAC, Nigerian Properties Company and others.

 

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Opinion

See How Lauretta Onochie Explained Sowore Rearrest In Court

Published

on

Releases

President Buhari’s aide on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie has a unique explanation of Omoyele Sowore’s rearrest in court on Friday, December 6.

According to her, the rearrest was staged by Sowore’s supporters.

Lauretta said this in a writeup posted on her Facebook page.

See what she wrote below:

(more…)

Share
Also Read:  Bukola Saraki: His Brand is Crisis
Continue Reading

Opinion

Why I Lost To Anthony Joshua–Ruiz Jr.

Published

on

Andy Ruiz Jr. has revealed what cost him the rematch against Anthony Joshua on Saturday, December 7.

Joshua and Ruiz Jnr. slogged it out in Saudi Arabia to confirm the holder of the heavyweight title won by Ruiz Jr from Joshua months earlier.

Speaking at the post match conference, Ruiz Jr. blamed months of partying and celebration leading to overweight, adding thst undertraining also made him lose the match to Joshua.

 “Three months of partying and celebrating affected me, what can I say?

“Being overweight, I wasn’t fluid enough, I wasn’t moving the way I wanted to move.

“I think if I’m lighter I’m going to let my hands go and be a completely different fighter.”

When asked what he would have done differently if granted a rematch against Anthony Joshua, he said;

 “Listen to my coach. Listen to my dad. And take it more seriously.

“I’m OK, I’m just a little disappointed. I should have listened to them.

“I tried to do the training on my own. I should have listened to them more.

“There’s no excuses…the partying and all that stuff got the best of me.

“For being out of shape I did pretty good, I took all his shots.”

Ruiz recognized that he lost a wide decision to Joshua but said he holds a victory too. He said the scores are tied with one win apiece and he wants a trilogy bout.

 “I know for the third one I’m going to be a lot better.”

He added: “There’s a lot of responsibility being a champion of the world. I think the partying and all that stuff got the best of me. Next time it’ll be a lot better.”

With the victory, British-Nigerian Joshua regains his IBF, WBA and WBO titles.

Also Read:  PRINCE EZE MADUMERE IN THE EYES OF IMOLITES By Esogibe Ikenna

The bout which lasted until 12 rounds was scored 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109 by the judges.

Speaking on his victory, Joshua said:  “I wanted to put on a boxing masterclass.”

“First of all, thanks to God. The first time was so nice, I had to do it twice,” he said. 

“I knew I could win this. This is about boxing, I’m used to knocking guys out.

“I gave the man his credit, I said I would correct myself, I respect Andy, But I wanted to put on a boxing masterclass.

“It’s the sweet science, it’s about hitting and not getting hit.

“No change in mentalist, stay hungry and stay humble. I’m going to remain humble in victory. Thanks to Ruiz and his family, thanks to Saudi, the fans and thanks to God and Eddie Hearn.”

See more photos from the fight below:

Also Read:  Streaming Music Is Ripping You Off

See more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titlesSee more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titlesSee more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titlesSee more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titlesSee more photos from heavyweight boxing rematch as Anthony Joshua defeats Andy Ruiz to regain his titles

 

 

Share
Continue Reading

Opinion

BREAKING: Court Of Arbitration For Sports Lift Transfer Ban On Chelsea

Published

on

FIFA

Chelsea Football Club of England has found respite to the two years transfer ban imposed on them by the Federation of International Football (FIFA).

The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS)  lifted the transfer embargo placed on Chelsea on Friday.

Chelsea had appealed an initial judgement that imposed the two-window transfer ban handed down by FIFA last February.

Also Read:  THE PURSUIT OF GREEN ECONOMY FOR THE NIGER DELTA AND EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES FOR EX-AGITATORS

With the ban lifted, Chelsea can  now sign players during the transfer window.

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media