Ex-Nigerian international and coach, Samson Siasia, has revealed how he hopes to raise about N36.4 million (100, 000 Swiss Francs), to appeal a life ban slammed on him by the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA).
Recall that FIFA had placed a life ban on Siasia from footballing activities over allegation of match-fixing. He was given until October 10, 2019, by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), to make the payment or forget his appeal.
However, his legal team was able to persuade CAS, to give him a five-month grace period to raise the appeal fee.
Speaking on how he hopes to raise the money Siasia said:
“At the moment, not much has really come in. But I’m confident that before this month (February) ends, individuals and corporate bodies who want to render financial assistance would be able to respond positively.”
“There are promises here and there. And, of course, you know the situation in the country at the moment. But I still remain optimistic, given their words of promises that at most, by this February ending, I should be able to get enough financial assistance to sort things out.
“My lawyers made a strong appeal to CAS and now the case has been moved to March 19, 2020.
“They are very strict this time around, but I’m confident we will meet the financial demands before then,” Siasia said.
The Bayelsa tactician had denied all reports of his involvement in match-fixing, adding that he was implicated by a man who had been involved in one during a discussion about an undisclosed Australian job.
Post Views: 742