Connect with us

News

Manchester United Set To Be Sold For Whopping £3.8BN ***See Likely Buyer

Published

on

Manchester United

Manchester United have reportedly received a whopping £3.8BILLION takeover bid.

The bid is coming from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

Recall that United’s chiefs spent a lot of time in Saudi Arabia last year over the proposed takeover bid

According to The Sun, the Saudi royal family, who are worth a staggering £850bn, are hoping to tempt United’s current owners the Glazers into selling the club before the start of next season.

Also Read:  Sego: Man Who Allegedly Stabbed MC Oluomo Breaks Silence

Sources close to the Glazer family claim that they are against selling the Premier League club but an offer that big could certainly tempt United’s owners.

One of the insiders also added that the £3.8bn valuation from the Saudi Prince is dependent on whether or not United can secure Champions League football next season.

Also Read:  P&ID: Nigerian Delegation Heads To UK Court

If United is sold, it would be the beginning of another era in the club.

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Mosques, Churches To Reopen On June 19, 21

Published

on

Churches

Religious activities will resume in Lagos State on Friday, June 19, and 21 respectively.

According to a new directive by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the ban on religious activities will cease in the state on June 19 and 21.

Muslim services to resume on Friday, June 19, while Christian worship begins on Sunday, June, 21

Also Read:  Jimi Agbaje Picks Lagos Princess Haleemat Busari As Running Mate

The directive however restricts children below the age 15 of 15 from attending such religious gatherings with gatherings restricted to only Fridays and Sundays.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Godswill Akpabio Failed To Deliver On 500 Million Contract-Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

Published

on

Contract

Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta has accused the minister of Niger Delta affairs, Godswill Akpabio of getting a N300 million fence construction contract from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

 

According to The Cable, while still the senator representing Akwa Ibom north-west, Akpabio requested for a N500 million contract from the NDDC in 2017. The Minister was reportedly given the contract of fencing Federal Polytechnic Ukana, Akwa Ibom, (N200 million), and Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene (N100 million).

 

The publication reported that Akpabio got N150 million for entrepreneurship training on the use of modern farming implements for youths and women of Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district and N50 million for the renovation of a hostel at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu state.

Also Read:  Coronavirus:  Minister Of Health Explains Why FG Is Yet To Issue Travel Ban

 

Akpabio got N300m fence construction contract from NDDC - Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

 

Speaking to newsmen on Wednesday, June 3, Senator Nwaoboshi said the contracts were fully paid for but there was nothing to show for it.

 

He said:

 

“Findings show that while there was no physical evidence of implementation of these projects, checks show contracts were awarded and fully paid for.

“Such practices have turned the region to sites of abandoned projects.”

 

This is coming after Akpabio said he would not allow the NDDC to be raped under his watch. A few days ago, the former Governor of Akwa Ibom state raised an alarm about NDDC abandoned projects and the agency being “turned to an ATM” by politicians.

Also Read:  New Central Bank of Nigeria rule to spur online market activity

 

Akpabio said;

 

“We have also had a lot of political interference, people have not allowed NDDC to work as it ought to, people coming with ideas not to move the region forward but to move their pockets forward. It has always been so… I think people were treating the place as an ATM, where you just walk in there to go and pluck money and go away, I don’t think they were looking at it as an interventionist agency.”

Share
Continue Reading

News

Man Beat Four Year-Old Son To Coma

Published

on

Beat

A man simply identified as Tunde has been arrested by men of the Lagos state police command.

He was arrested for beating his four-year-old son, Ezekiel, to a state of coma, leaving him with several body marks.

The father of the boy reportedly got angry because he excreted on himself.

Man arrested for beating his four-year-old son to coma in Lagos (photos)

Neighbors revealed that Ezekiel’s mum and his father Tunde were married for a few years until she left him over constant acts of domestic violence. She initially left with Ezekiel but later returned him to his father who had already remarried.

Also Read:  Praises Galore For Tim Godfrey

A neighbor told The Nation that Ezekiel was always being maltreated by Tunde and his new wife.

“Tunde married another wife and the woman always beat Ezekiel at every little provocation. Nobody in the neighbourhood could stop Tunde from beating the boy because of his unruly behaviour,” the neighbor said

Confirming his arrest, the Igando Divisional Police Officer, CSP Taiwo Kasumu said:

“We have arrested him and the child is with us. Though the child can’t be with us; I have contacted the Lagos State Child Protection Unit for further action.”

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media