Connect with us

News

LAGOS WILL BE DELIVERED TO BUHARI, APC CANDIDATES, AMBODE VOWS

Published

on

Mega Rally

…Says President Has Set Nigeria On Path Of Growth

…As Lagos Gov, 8 State Govs, Others Grace APC Presidential Mega Rally

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Saturday assured President Muhammadu Buhari that residents in Lagos would troop out enmasse on February 16 and deliver the State to him and other National Assembly candidates of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Governor Ambode, who spoke at the APC Presidential Mega Rally, held at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere, Lagos, said the President in the last three and half years fully supported the infrastructural growth in the State and would do more if given another mandate of four years.

 

According to him, the February 16 election was not about tribe or religion, but strictly about job creation, infrastructural development and economic growth, saying that President Buhari has shown total commitment to making life comfortable for residents.

“In and outside of the stadium, you can see the crowd that has turned out here and we are very grateful that Lagos has been signed, sealed and delivered to APC already. The message is very clear.

“We appreciate Mr. President for his support to our State in the last three and half years. The achievements that we have recorded in Lagos were possible because of his support. This election is not about tribe or religion, it’s about infrastructure, jobs and the economy and the right path to go is to go to the APC.

“if you see what we are going in Lagos already, you will see that the Airport road is not for the Yorubas or the Igbos or the Hausas, its about making life comfortable for Nigerians and that is why Mr. President has continually supported all our projects by even refunding some of the funds we used for capital projects so that we can complete more projects,” Governor Ambode said.

He said it was important for Nigerians to entrust President Buhari with another four years in office to continue in the trajectory of growth, warning that the return of the opposition party would do nothing but alter the progress made by the Federal Government so far.

“If you remember, the first two years of this administration we were in recession caused by the PDP, but in the last two years, we have stabilized, we have created the groundwork for growth and that is where APC is different from the PDP. They will tell you that they want to make Nigeria work again, but ask them who destroyed Nigeria in the first place?

“Therefore, this election is about moving the economy forward and for this to be possible, we need to continue on the foundation that we have already made in the last four years. APC remains one party, we remain one nation and one family,” the Governor said.

Buhari, who made his entrance into the venue of the rally at about 2:45pm to a tumultuous welcome by the teeming crowd and party faithful, assured that Lagos as commercial capital of Nigeria would continue to receive greater attention in terms of infrastructural renewal and all round economic growth.

Speaking earlier at a session with members of the Organised Private Sector held at Lagos House, Marina, President Buhari said it was gratifying to note that the economic policies of his administration were already making the desired impact as evidenced by steady growth in the economy in the last three years.

He said the APC government had kept the promise to boost the economy through blocking leakages in government finances, increasing capital expenditure and inflows, and implementing the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), among others.

“I firmly believe that our economic policies are beginning to make the desired impact. Economic growth has resumed and is continuing to improve. Growth was higher in 2017 than in 2016, data even from external sources shows that it was also higher in 2018 than in 2017. I am confident that as we stay the course, it will be better still at the end of 2019.

“Inflation

Mega Rally

L-R: Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State; Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode; National Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole; Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; APC Governorship Candidate in Lagos, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu; President Muhammadu Buhari; Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and Minister of Labour and Productivity, Sen. Chris Ngige during the APC Presidential Campaign at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, on Saturday, February 9, 2019

is coming down steadily, there is stability in the exchange rate and foreign exchange is readily available for genuine business. Foreign reserves are adequate and growing; capital inflows have increased and the trade balance is positive.

“We are paying off debts that were not even publicly acknowledged before now, including those owed to States, the electricity sector, oil marketers, exporters, backlog of salaries of workers and pensioners, amongst others,’’ he said.

Among the organizations which made presentations to the President at the session were Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), and Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME).

Aside Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Governors of Oyo (Abiola Ajimobi), Kebbi (Atiku Bagudu), Kano (Abdullahi Ganduje), Osun (Gboyega Oyetola), Ekiti (Kayode Fayemi) and Ministers, the session was also attended by many captains of industry including Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Oba Otudeko, Jim Ovia, Bismarck Rewane, Chief (Mrs) Nike Akande, among others.

The rally was well attended by the who’s who in the APC including the Governors of Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Edo, Kano, Kebbi, National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; Mr. Babatunde Fashola, other serving and past Ministers, party chieftains, among many others.

Share
Also Read:  Reminisce teams up with Sossick 
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

How Ekweremadu Was Mobbed By IPOB Members

Published

on

Ekweremadu

 

Ex-Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, escaped being mobbed by members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), in Nuremberg, Germany.

A video in which Ekweremadu was physically abused by members of IPOB surfaced online with its credibility initially being questioned.

However, confirming the veracity of the video, his media aide, Uche Anichukwu said that the development took place when Ekweremadu gave a keynote address at an event on Germany.

Ekweremadu, who also gave an account of the event on his social media handle, @iamekweremdu, however, assured Ndigbo and his supporters across the nation that he was safe.

Detailing what happened, Ekweremadu said: “I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however could not make it eventually.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

Also Read:  Press Release: DIAMOND BANK PLC TO RAISE N= 50.37 BILLION VIA A RIGHTS ISSUE

“I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

“Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency and the media as well as rallied the South East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

“I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well meaning Ndigbo. I want to assure them that I am hail and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar,” Ekweremadu said.

Meanwhile, Ohaneze Ndigbo, has asked German law enforcement officers to bring to book perpetrators of Ekweremadu’s attack.

While condemning the attack, the socio-cultural group said that the act was disgraceful and an embarrassment to a revered son of Igbo.

Also Read:  See Open Letter Written By Pastor To Adeboye, Kumuyi Others

A statement by the president general of Ohazneze Ndigbo worldwide, Dr. Nnia Nwodo, described the action as ‘un-igbo’ and lamented that Ekweremadu who had always been in the forefront of fighting Igbo cause did not deserve the kind of treatment meted out to him by the pro-biafra agitators.

He said, “The assault on Ekweremadu by Igbos in Germany, described as IPOB, is disappointing, grotesque and dangerous for Igbo solidarity. This violent, rude, impertinent, divisive and discourteous style of IPOB or IPOB instigated miscreants is damaging to our cause. It strengthens the case of those who describe them as terrorists and weakens our case against the infringement of our fundamental human rights.

“Ekweremadu negotiated the sureties and securities for Nnamdi Kanu’s release on bail. He does not deserve this picketing and disgrace. A disgrace to him is a disgrace to Igbo race. Whilst I condemn the attack on our revered son and leader, I call on the law enforcement agencies in Germany to bring to book the perpetrators of this despicable act. It is un-Igbo. It is disgraceful,” Nwodo said.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Another Priest Escape Death In Enugu State

Published

on

Bandits

A Catholic Priest identified as Fr. Chimezie Ani escaped death in Enugu State after he was attacked by gunmen.

 Fr. Ani was attacked by gunmen at Ugwuomu Emene, a suburb of Enugu metropolis, late in the evening on Thursday.
Confirming the attack, Fr. Benjamin Achi,  spokesman of the Enugu Diocese of Catholic Church said the priest escaped his assilants without any injury.
Achi said the gunmen were firing at an SUV jeep when the priest ran into them in his car
According to him, a haul of bullets hit the car of the priest but he escaped unhurt.
Share
Also Read:  Reminisce teams up with Sossick 
Continue Reading

News

Police Arrest Killers Of Fr. Offu

Published

on

Khalid Mohammed
The suspected killers of Enugu Catholic Priest, Fr. Paul Offu have been arrested by the police.
They were paraded at the Enugu State Police Headquarters on Friday.
According to the police, the suspects were identified as Ibrahim Adamu (25 yrs) from Taraba State and Idris Tobe (25 yrs).
Three other suspects, Garba Basulugu, Mohammed Lagu and Mojunpan Duna, were said  to be at large.
Fr. Offu was killed in Agbudu, Awgu LGA, Enugu State on August 1.
Briefing journalists at the Police Headquarters in Enugu on Friday, Sulaiman Balarabe, the Commissioner of Police, said two of the suspected killers of Fr. Offu were arrested in different locations at Abia and Benue State.
Balarabe said the police were trailing the remaining three suspects at large.
He said the suspects were also behind the kidnap of a traditional ruler, Igwe Sunday of Agbogugu town and his wife on August 4.
Share
Also Read:  Breaking: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Send Names Of Commissioner-Designates To House Of Assembly
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media