Connect with us

News

Gulder Hosts Winner of Ultimate Party Contest

Published

on

Gulder

Celebrities and other socialites joined the winner of the Ultimate Party online contest, Adedamola Awoniyi, for a memorable night hosted by Gulder in Lagos, last weekend. The all-night gig brought together leading entertainers. MI Abaga, Dr. Sid, Ice Prince, Alexx Ekubo, Uriel Oputa and Blossom Chukwujekwu. The Ultimate Party, a dream-come-true experience, was one of the brand’s activations leveraging on Guy Code, a male-centric television series currently showing on MTV Base (DStv Channel 322).

 

Speaking at the party, the Marketing Director, Nigerian Breweries, Franco Maria Maggi, said the event was to strengthen the connection between Gulder, a premium brand from Nigerian Breweries Plc, and its consumers, adding that many of such experiences should be expected from the brand. “The idea is to reward the ultimate guy. There are millions of ultimate guys out there, but we cannot reward everybody at the same time. The Ultimate Party is for the man who is striving to achieve success,” said Maggi. He described the Ultimate Party as “a celebration of new beginning” for the brand. Maggi added: “For the consumers, the important thing is to stay connected to Gulder. This is because the brand will continue to celebrate them.

 

The week-long events leading to the party started with the unveiling of Awoniyi, an adventurous fashion designer and upcoming movie star, as the winner of the Ultimate Party contest. He was later hosted by MI at the rapper’s Lekki home where the duo discussed extensively about their favourite party, music and other adventures. Earlier on Friday, Awoniyi was treated to a spa session to prepare him for the experience, which the Kwara State-born entrepreneur described as thrilling. “I have never dreamt of this kind of treatment. I never thought of winning the competition. Of course, I am not afraid of trying new things. I am adventurous, which is the reason I participated in the contest,” he said.

 

The fashion maker said he was particularly grateful that a premium brand like Gulder honoured him while he “is still striving to attain success.” From the spa experience, hotel reception to the party venue, Awoniyi was given a royal reception. He selected the music played at the party, artistes that attended and other features that made the party truly unique and ultimate.

 

MI, who attended the party in the company of other showbiz stars, said he had many things in common with the Ultimate Party contest winner and was honoured to host him. “Both of us”, the multiple-award winning artiste said, “are bold, daring and on our journey to success.” He added that Awoniyi was among the most hardworking and adventurous young Nigerians he had come across in recent times.

 

Awoniyi was received with a performance by an Egyptian Tanoura dancer who set the tone for what turned out to be a thrilling night. At some point, the fascinating performer was joined by Awoniyi and his friends. This, perhaps, was the most exciting session of the show.

 

Earlier at a meeting with MI, the celebrated consumer described himself as a party lover. As at 3:30am on Saturday, he was still on the dancing floor with his friends. And at 4am, there was no sign that the party would end soon as over 70 per cent of the ‘clubbers’ were still having fun.  

Share
Also Read:  Check out Mavin Record's new signing
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

EFCC Arraigns Shehu Sani Over Bribery Allegation

Published

on

Shehu Sani

Senator Shehu Sani has pleaded not guilty to a two-count charge of alleged bribery brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Sani was arraigned on Monday before Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Recall that Senator Sani who represented Kaduna Central in the eighth Senate, was arrested in December 2019 for allegedly collecting $25,000 in the name of the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu.

Also Read:  EFCC recovers N900m from Jonathan’s kinsman

The anti-graft agency alleged that Sani collected $15,000 from a businessman, Sani Dauda, under false pretence on November 20, 2019, promising to give the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Tanko Mohammed, in other to influence some pending cases in court.

He also allegedly collected $10,000 from Mr Dauda to bribe Mr Magu.

Sani’s lawyer, A. A. Ibrahim, asked the court to grant him leave to move Sani’s bail application

Also Read:  HOW BEER RE-INVENTED  WORLD’S CULTURE

But the prosecutor, Abba Mohammed, requested the court to remand Sani, adding that he was only served the bail application on Monday.

Justice Ekwo moved for recess till noon to give the prosecution time to study the defendant’s bail application before plea for bail would be decided.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Court Sentence Maryam Sanda To Death By Hanging

Published

on

court

Maryam Sanda who killed her husband Bilyaminu Bello has been sentenced to death by hanging by an FCT High Court.

The deceased, a nephew of former chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Haliru Bello, was killed on November 18, 2017.

Justice Yusuf Halilu on Monday convicted Sanda on circumstantial evidence.

According to the Police, the killing was premeditated. The police also accused Maimuna Aliyu, Sanda’s mother; Aliyu, her brother; and Sadiya Aminu, her housemaid; of tampering with evidence by cleaning the blood and other proofs from the crime scene, but charges were later dropped.

Also Read:  Kaspersky Lab announces availability in Nigeria of its Advanced Solution to Detect Targeted Attacks

Sanda, the mother of two, her mother and her other relatives broke down in tears immediately the judge pronounced her guilty.

Share
Continue Reading

News

AMU MARKET FIRE: SANWO-OLU MEETS TRADERS, SAYS GOVT WON’T TAKE OVER MARKET

Published

on

…‘We’ll Support Victims To Rebuild Their Businesses’ – Lagos Gov

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, visited Amu Plank Market in Mushin on Sunday to sympathise with victims of a midnight fire that razed several shops and destroyed goods worth billions.

The inferno, which started in the midnight of Saturday, was said to be the first major fire incident in the popular timber market. No life was lost.

Men of the Lagos State Fire Service and emergency response teams from Lagos State Emergency Management Authority (LASEMA) and Lagos State Safety Commission remained on the site to completely put the situation under control and salvage unaffected goods. They were joined by teams of firefighters from Federal Fire Service and Julius Berger.

Sanwo-Olu, who described the incident as “unfortunate”, allayed the fears of the traders, saying the State Government was more interested in supporting the victims back on their feet, rather than ejecting them from the site.

The Governor, who was received by a large crowd of traders, said there would be thorough investigation to unravel the cause of the inferno, while pleading with them to allow the emergency response teams to complete debris removal process on the site before embarking on efforts to re-construct the burnt shops.

Also Read:  Why Ademola Adeleke Was Declared Winner Of Election By Osun State Petition Tribunal

He said: “On behalf of the State Government, I commiserate with Amu Market traders over this rather unfortunate incident. Nobody would ever expect this magnitude of destruction to happen, but we thank God that no life was lost.

“We will start full investigation into the remote causes of this incident, so that we can plan to forestall incidents like this in future. We will come back to do enumeration of the houses that were torched and look at what support we can render.

“Let me say it clearly to all traders in this market that, we do not plan to take over this market. We will work with you to see how to re-construct this place, so that business activities can return to the market. There so many families affected by this; we will help them to rebuild their lives.”

Sanwo-Olu stressed that the magnitude of the destruction left by the inferno brought up the necessity for the Government to collaborate with the traders in providing fire safety facility around the market with the aim to forestall future occurrence. He added that Ministry of Physical Planning would work with the market leaders to rebuild the market.

Also Read:  Is It Official: Tee Billz, Tiwa Savage Set For Divource

“After the completion of recovery process on the fire site, LASEMA and officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning will come back and take full inventory of the various store owners and market leaders. They will discuss lasting solution we can bring about in a market like this,” Sanwo-Olu said.

The Governor directed the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) to remove charred materials left on the site free of charge, while urging the crowd at the scene to allow smooth recovery process.

The youth leader in the market, Alhaji Tajudeen Sanni, who spoke on behalf of victims, said goods worth N10 billion were destroyed by the fire. He appreciated the Governor for offering to support to the victims, adding that the assurance by Governor not to take over the market would help victims to fully recover from their losses.

Chairman of Mushin Local Government, Hon. Bamigboye Emmanuel, assured the traders of support, saying the council would work with the State Government to introduce fire safety measures around the market.

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media