Connect with us

News

BREAKING: LAGOS DISCHARGES FIVE CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS 

Published

on

NEW TELEGRAPH

Lagos State Government on Monday discharged five coronavirus patients who were admitted to and treated at the Infectious Disease Centre, Yaba Mainland Hospital.

The survivors are four males and one female, bringing the total number of survivors from the cnetre to eight.

The survivors were quarantined and treated at the isolation centre for two weeks after testing positive for the coronavirus.

The survivors who preferred to remain anonymous looked stable and unruffled, saying they felt very happy they had been given a clean bill of health.

They expressed joy and satisfaction with the State Government and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the treatments they received at the isolation centre and his proactive approach towards the containment of the virus.

One of the survivors ( names withheld) said, “I came in here on the 15th and after the test showed positive, I was asked to come back the next day. I was admitted here same day.

“Initially, there were hitches but it later turned out fine. The health workers did fine, all our challenges were attended to. I’m a living witness together with my other colleagues.”

Also Read:  Case of Made in Nigeria Products: World Trade Summit & Expo changes to Nigeria Asian Week 2007

The discharged patient gave an assurance that testing positive for COVID-19 is not a death sentence, advising people not to panic as the virus could be defeated.

“We can beat it, I want to assure others that this is not their resting place. Encourage yourselves, take your medications and in no distant time, you will get out of here.

“I want to appeal to the Federal Government and Lagos State government that, they should remunerate all those workers who have volunteered to work accordingly, so as to serve as encouragement to others, adding that, “If they are not here as first responders, many patients would have died.”

Another survivor said, “I was admitted last Sunday. Initially there were challenges, the following day, they brought bed, mask and some equipment.

Also Read:  Uduaghan Loses Senatorial District To James Manager

“Apart from what my colleague said, the workers should be insured. Proper insurance will let people do what they have to do.

He narrated a scenario where the workers could not attend to him because he tested positive, saying “they went back and I slept off, I woke up around 3a.m. So they deserve life insurance to encourage them to do their job.”

Meanwhile Governor Sanwo-Olu has received the news of the full recovery of the five patients with excitement.

The Governor, in a short message reassured Lagosians that the Government is doing all within her powers to curtail the spread of the virus so that life could return to normal.

He said: “we are very excited to hear that five of our citizens in the isolation centre have regained full recovery. It is another pointer to us that with a concerted effort, we can defeat the coronavirus in Lagos and Nigeria.”

Share
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Mosques, Churches To Reopen On June 19, 21

Published

on

Churches

Religious activities will resume in Lagos State on Friday, June 19, and 21 respectively.

According to a new directive by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the ban on religious activities will cease in the state on June 19 and 21.

Muslim services to resume on Friday, June 19, while Christian worship begins on Sunday, June, 21

Also Read:  LAGOS GOVERNOR FLAGS OFF 2019 CHRISTIAN PILGRIMAGE EXERCISE

The directive however restricts children below the age 15 of 15 from attending such religious gatherings with gatherings restricted to only Fridays and Sundays.

Share
Continue Reading

News

Godswill Akpabio Failed To Deliver On 500 Million Contract-Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

Published

on

Contract

Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta has accused the minister of Niger Delta affairs, Godswill Akpabio of getting a N300 million fence construction contract from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

 

According to The Cable, while still the senator representing Akwa Ibom north-west, Akpabio requested for a N500 million contract from the NDDC in 2017. The Minister was reportedly given the contract of fencing Federal Polytechnic Ukana, Akwa Ibom, (N200 million), and Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene (N100 million).

 

The publication reported that Akpabio got N150 million for entrepreneurship training on the use of modern farming implements for youths and women of Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district and N50 million for the renovation of a hostel at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu state.

Also Read:  Stop Interfering In Our Internal Politics, Oshiomole Tells EU, UK And US Govt

 

Akpabio got N300m fence construction contract from NDDC - Senator Peter Nwaoboshi

 

Speaking to newsmen on Wednesday, June 3, Senator Nwaoboshi said the contracts were fully paid for but there was nothing to show for it.

 

He said:

 

“Findings show that while there was no physical evidence of implementation of these projects, checks show contracts were awarded and fully paid for.

“Such practices have turned the region to sites of abandoned projects.”

 

This is coming after Akpabio said he would not allow the NDDC to be raped under his watch. A few days ago, the former Governor of Akwa Ibom state raised an alarm about NDDC abandoned projects and the agency being “turned to an ATM” by politicians.

Also Read:  Mistakes to Avoid When you are Naming an Application

 

Akpabio said;

 

“We have also had a lot of political interference, people have not allowed NDDC to work as it ought to, people coming with ideas not to move the region forward but to move their pockets forward. It has always been so… I think people were treating the place as an ATM, where you just walk in there to go and pluck money and go away, I don’t think they were looking at it as an interventionist agency.”

Share
Continue Reading

News

Man Beat Four Year-Old Son To Coma

Published

on

Beat

A man simply identified as Tunde has been arrested by men of the Lagos state police command.

He was arrested for beating his four-year-old son, Ezekiel, to a state of coma, leaving him with several body marks.

The father of the boy reportedly got angry because he excreted on himself.

Man arrested for beating his four-year-old son to coma in Lagos (photos)

Neighbors revealed that Ezekiel’s mum and his father Tunde were married for a few years until she left him over constant acts of domestic violence. She initially left with Ezekiel but later returned him to his father who had already remarried.

Also Read:  At last, Bolanle Ambode finds her tongue

A neighbor told The Nation that Ezekiel was always being maltreated by Tunde and his new wife.

“Tunde married another wife and the woman always beat Ezekiel at every little provocation. Nobody in the neighbourhood could stop Tunde from beating the boy because of his unruly behaviour,” the neighbor said

Confirming his arrest, the Igando Divisional Police Officer, CSP Taiwo Kasumu said:

“We have arrested him and the child is with us. Though the child can’t be with us; I have contacted the Lagos State Child Protection Unit for further action.”

Share
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2019, February13 Media